This delicous cinnamon swirl coffee cake, is the perfect treat for a cozy, winter morning. Perfectly paired with freshly brewed coffee, you’ll keep going back for more. Also, a great treat to keep in the freezer to warm up throughout the week when that sweet tooth acts up.
During the wintertime, I love to bake delicious treats in the kitchen, especially anything with “coffee” in the title…LOL! This cinnamon swirl coffee cake has been a family favorite in our household, and I’m sure it will be the same for yours.
I love to keep a plate of these muffins covered on the counter throughout the week. Having a delicous breakfast treat with our coffee each morning, is a great wintertime favorite. These muffins, are sure to be a loved favorite in your recipe box, every fall and winter.
Altogether, these cinnamon swirl coffee cake muffins, are super quick and easy to make. A couple things I find to keep this recipe simple, is to combine all dry ingredients into a seprate bowl and set aside until the butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla; have been throughly combined in a mixing bowl. Then you will slowly mix in dry ingredients until well combined. Lastly, adding the milk until you develope a thick cake batter consistentcy.
I just want to give a quick shout out to my new favorite, vintage cast iron muffin pan. I found this pan at an Antique store back in Oklahoma, and I am officially in love with this thing. Quickly, I learned not to overfill the muffin cups, because it will leak all over your oven and maybe catch it on fire (that might have happened, thankfully hubby was home and blew it out)…LOL! But other than that quick learning process, this muffin pan is my new best friend for cupcakes and muffins. I found a similar one here on Amazon.
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 Tbsp. Cinnamon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tbsp. Milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients into a bowl, set aside.
- In a stand mixer, combine melted butter, eggs, milk, and vanilla; mix until everything is incorporated.
- Slowly, add in dry ingredients, mixing thouroughly until a cake batter consistency develops.
- In another bowl, combine all topping ingredients, until a runny pancake batter consistency develops.
- In a muffin pan, scoop batter into each cup filling them a third to a half way up.
- With a spoon, pour one spoonful of topping batter onto each muffin cup.
- Using a toothpick, swirl topping batter into cake batter until well incorporated.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until toohtpick comes out crumbly to clean.
- Mix up ingredients for glaze, and drizzle over baked muffins.
- Let cool, then enjoy!
Be sure to check out my previous post here. Also, be sure to join my Cozy Minimalist Community, by entering your email in the sidebar or down below, so you can stay up to date on all my latest content.
Leave a Reply