In this post, I share an easy tutorial for how to make muslin swaddle blankets. These are a newborn must have for me, and I know many new moms will fall in love with these too!
Ever since I gave birth to my first baby, I’ve loved using muslin swaddle blankets! They are so versatile, being used for so many things like burp rags, nursing covers, changing pads, carseat covers, and of course swaddling your baby.
Which I’m sure that’s why your here, you love them as much as I do and want to make them yourselves. So lets get started!
Be sure to check out my YouTube video on my Minimalist Baby Essentials.
What you will need:
- 1 1/2 yd. cotton gauze fabric (I purchased my cotton gauze from Joann’s Fabrics)
- sewing machine
Etsy also has some great cotton gauze at a super affordable price. Here are a few colors I love:
How to Make Muslin Swaddle Blankets
- Wash + dry your fabric before sewing.
- Trim all selvaged edges off of muslin fabric.
3. With a hot iron, press under 1/2″ and then another 1/2″ hiding the raw edge.
4. Sew the hem in place and you’re done!
Tip: Using a hot iron to create your hem works way better than attempting them while they are unpressed.